AYO 2019-20 audition music is posted below.
2019-20 auditions will take place May 6-7, 2019, from 4-7 pm.
Alaska Youth Orchestras (AYO) is a federally registered 501c(3) organization.
In order to operate each season, AYO must charge a modest annual tuition to its members. Tuition covers approximately 30% of the cost of each musician. The remaining 70% of the funding for each musician comes through fundraising efforts with individual and corporate donors and grant funding.
Tuition: 2019-20 tuition is not yet determined. 2018-19 tuition was $675 for the year. Generous payment plans and financial aid are both available. The exact amount of each season’s tuition is determined by the AYO Board of Directors each spring with continued effort to keep it as low as possible. We want EVERY qualified musician to be able to participate in AYO.
Rehearsal Time – Monday afternoons (4:15-7pm, including a break and snack) during the school year (ASD).
Rehearsal Location – East High School, Anchorage, AK (unless otherwise noted)
Concerts – We hold 3 concerts at the Performing Arts Center in Anchorage, AK: Fall (early December), Winter (early March), Spring (early May)
Note: While we maintain an excellent working relationship with the Anchorage School District (which owns and operates the Jr. Youth Symphony) we are not affiliated with them.