Alaska Youth Orchestras
Performing Board Director Description
Performing Board Directors (PBD) are current performing members of AYO who have been chosen to serve as a representative of their peers. They are AYO’s best ambassadors to the public and to other performing members. They strive to embody AYO’s Vision, Mission, and Values as stated in the AYO Handbook.
PBD’s serve together on a committee with an adult sponsor – a member of the AYO Board of Directors who will serve as a mentor to this leadership group. The PBD committee will meet on a schedule they determine and will send a spokesperson to AYO board meeting for the purpose of reporting on their activities to the full board. PBD’s will address both proscribed and self-determined issues. Proscribed issues will be assigned by the AYO board and communicated via the PBD Sponsor.
The Performing Board Director requirements:
– Be available to meet no less than once per month either in person or by telephone/computer on a schedule mutually determined.
– Choose a spokesperson to represent PBDs to the full AYO board (this assignment may rotate on a schedule PBDs determine).
– Represent sections of the orchestra as assigned and act as a liaison to aid in communication between members, staff, and the AYO board.
– Complete projects assigned by the AYO Board on a schedule mutually determined.
The Performing Board Directors may also:
– Bring issues of importance/concern to the AYO Board by way of their spokesperson, under the guidance of the PBD sponsor.
– Serve as a point of contact for members in need of information and/or assistance.
– Choose a PBD project for the season under the guidance of their sponsor and with the approval of the full AYO board.
AYO 2018-19 PERFORMING BOARD DIRECTOR
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Serve as a section representative
– Divide the orchestra up into sections with the PBD Sponsor’s support
– Establish contact and build relationships with section members so they know they can come to you for help/support
– Establish a method of communication with assigned section
– Maintain contact with section members in keeping with AYO’s Code of Conduct
2.Meet at least once a month
– Pick a mutually agreed upon meeting time and method under the direction of the PBD Sponsor
3. 18-19 Board Assigned Project: Assist E.D. in the development of an “Opportunities” page on the website containing items of education and performance interest to AYO members.
– Summer camps
– Individual grants
– Other opportunities