Alaska Youth Orchestras
Performing Director Description
APPLICATIONS DUE MIDNIGHT, MONDAY, SEPT. 16.
Performing Directors are current performing members of AYO who have a desire to serve as a representative of their peers. They are AYO’s best ambassadors to the public and to other performing members. They strive to embody AYO’s Vision, Mission, and Values as stated in the AYO Handbook.
Performing Directors serve together on a committee with an adult sponsor – a member of the AYO Board of Directors who will serve as a mentor to this leadership group. The Performing Director committee will meet on a schedule they determine and will send a spokesperson to AYO board meeting for the purpose of reporting on their activities to the full board. Performing directors will address both proscribed and self-determined issues. Proscribed issues will be assigned by the AYO board and communicated via the Performing Director Sponsor.
Performing Director requirements:
- Be available to meet no less than once per month either in person or by telephone/computer on a schedule mutually determined.
- Choose a spokesperson to represent Performing Directors to the full AYO board (this assignment may rotate on a schedule Performing Directors determine).
- Represent sections of the orchestra as assigned and act as a liaison to aid in communication between members, staff, and the AYO board.
- Complete projects assigned by the AYO Board on a schedule mutually determined.
The Performing Directors may also:
- Bring issues of importance/concern to the AYO Board by way of their spokesperson, under the guidance of the Performing Director sponsor.
- Serve as a point of contact for members in need of information and/or assistance.
- Choose a Performing Director project for the season under the guidance of their sponsor and with the approval of the full AYO board.
AYO PERFORMING DIRECTOR
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Serve as a section representative
– Divide the orchestra up into sections with the Performing Director Sponsor’s support
– Establish a method of communication with assigned section
– Maintain contact with section members in keeping with AYO’s Code of Conduct
Meet at least once a month
– Pick a mutually agreed upon meeting time and method under the direction of the PBD Sponsor
Board Assigned Project:
– TBD each year by the Board of Directors.
COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE APPLICATION BELOW FOR CONSIDERATION.